Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Chapter Meeting & Program: Power of Pause
Virtual Chapter Meeting & Program
Power of Pause: The New Science of Brain Breaks, Stress Reduction, and Self Care
Presented by James Garrett
Brain by Design
Friday, January 28, 2022
8:00 am EDT: Welcome
8:10 am - 9:40 am: Interactive Presentation
9:40 am - 10:00 am: Community Connection
ICF CCEUs are available for this session
With our work demands getting faster and faster, and the pressure to balance home and work continually rising, brain science has now shown that the key to our most productive, creative, and happiest selves isn't working harder, it's working smarter. The new science of micro-breaks is turning conventional wisdom on its head by showing us that as we take time out to recharge our brain throughout the day, we can actually get more done by working (a bit) less.
In this presentation, coaches will discover:
- The power of pause -- and why scheduling micro-breaks charges your mental battery and how it helps avoid coaching burnout.
- How taking care of yourself and building "stress resilience" can increase both you and your clients' productivity and happiness.
- Why your clients feel highly distractible at 3pm and how to help them double their productivity in the afternoon.
- Why multitasking is costing you and the clients you work with time and money -- and how to achieve focus in a hyper-distracted world.
- The best way to structure your workday to manage stress and stay calm through even the toughest projects.
- How the science behind innovation -- and how understanding your own brain's "deep problem solving" network --can be the key that unlocks your world-changing ideas.
- Why the best coaches keep their mental battery charged and how they tap into states of flow and peak performance.
- How successful coaches manage their "stress debt" by making micro-investments in their wellness throughout the day.
James Garrett is a brain coach and founder of Brain by Design. He's spoken on stages ranging from Harvard to TEDx and his work has been featured by The New York Times, FastCompany, and Harvard Business Review. He spent years doing research with some of the best psychologists in the world at Columbia, Tufts, and Yale. He's a content creator and course builder and his course on the science of coaching has been rated as one of the best courses for coaches and is currently certified by ICF for 30 continuing coach education credits. He's a certified coach through the Whole Fit coaching program.
He also built one of the only brain-based positive psychology curricula in the Middle East and trained thousands of Arab youth in partnership with Queen Rania of Jordan. A rare combination of scientist, trainer, and entrepreneur, in 2019 James launched the Deep Change Project, a personal journey to discover what's possible at the outer edges of neuroplasticity and to overcome fear.
Friday, January 28, 2022, 8:00 AM until 10:00 AM
Virtual Chapter Meeting & Program
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Registration cancellations will be accepted until the start of the webinar.