- May 15, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
May 15, 2018
Discover the Power of Leading with Y.E.S through Living Your Extraordinary Story
1.5 CCEU’s in Core Competencies (pending)
Everyone has a unique story. It defines and shapes your presence in everything you do. By discovering and living your extraordinary story, you’ll understand yourself in new ways and become a more effective leader. This is the basic concept of leadership coach Maria van Hekken’s new book, Leading with Y.E.S. In this webinar, Maria gives you an overview of her book by taking you through the essential steps that are guaranteed to create positive change when you live your extraordinary story. Once you complete your new story, you’ll think bigger about leadership, life and relationships.
- Gain a better understanding of the power of story in leadership and life. Learn to listen for your client’s story and what they are holding as true. Learn simple ways to help your client discover their true passion.
- Identify threads that run throughout their life and support their shift from negative to positive.
- Learn how to amplify what you say in a positive, fearless, humble and kind way.
- Shape your leadership or coaching presence so it tells others you can be trusted, you care and you’re for real.
- How to support your client in creating Y.E.S. (Your Extraordinary Story) and find ways to sustain positive results.
Maria van Hekken, PCC
Maria is a dreamer at heart. She sees what’s possible, even if it isn’t. As a child, she planted Cut & Come Again zinnias in her parent’s small garden in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, which inspired her to study environmental biology and eventually lobby for an organic farming bill in the 1980’s ― a time when it was considered heretical. Now she delights that you can get organic anything. She worked in food, farming and hunger for decades. While that is mostly a past life now, she still loves to see things grow. Especially people.
Maria did her leadership coach training at Georgetown University where she is a faculty member in the coaching program at the Institute for Transformational Leadership. She is a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation and a past president of the Philadelphia Chapter of the International Coach Federation. More than anything, she is passionate about creating new stories of hope ― inspiring a positive leadership revolution that is way more encouraging than most of our bosses have ever been.
For more than a decade, Maria has coached hundreds and hundreds of leaders through Yes2Yes, her coaching business. It’s proven to her one thing for sure that we all have in common: Everyone wants to be respected and feel like we’re making a meaningful contribution. So let’s do this thing. Let’s lead with Y.E.S.
Venue: Zoom webinar